Members of the Provincial Estates find that the information they use to do their work is one-sided. This is the result of a survey with 86 elected provincial representatives, conducted by Wallaart & Kusse Public Affairs and Open State Foundation in the wake of the provincial election of March 20 2019.
This English article is a summary of the Dutch version.
Key findings of the research:
- 40% of the representatives would like to hear a wider variety of voices from the society;
- 60% of the representatives say they see a small group of spokespeople multiple times;
- 50% of the representatives would like to see more balanced information in their official information system;
- 25% of the representatives complain about the search-functionality of their official information system;
- 33% of the representatives say that they are hardly in touch with interest representatives.